- Coconut Cream Cake: First off, I got a huge hunk for only $4.50 and I enjoyed every last crumb of this cake. It was rich, creamy and full of coconutty goodness. The cake had a lot of body and tons of flavor. While the coconut flavor was very rich, it was not overpowering.
- Sweet and Salty Cake: This is Baked’s most famous creation. The concept behind the cake deserves its own post but let’s just say it was the best chocolate cake I have ever had. There are chocolate cakes that hit you over the head with overwhelming chocolate flavor. But this one was just right. And the French sea salt on top made for an extra special treat. I can’t wait to try the recipe in their book. If you don’t think something sweet and salty is of your liking, try a chocolate covered pretzel and you will be converted. (More on this in a future post)
- Ginger Cookie: AWESOME cookie. With bits of crystallized ginger baked throughout, it makes for a great fall/winter cookie.
- Marshmallows: For those of you that think all marshmallows are created equal think again. These are nothing like what you will get out of a plastic bag at your grocery store. If you don’t live in New York, you can buy them online in either vanilla, chocolate or peppermint. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to marshmallows, so I prefer vanilla, but the chocolate and peppermint ones were exquisite.
- Lemon Blueberry Muffin: Some people think muffins and cupcakes are the same thing but they are not. Among other differences muffins are not as sweet and more dense than cupcakes. Baked muffins fit the measure and are very flavorful.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti: I was surprised by the texture of this biscotti. It was slightly “cakier” than other biscotti’s I have had in the past and really yummy. Great to have with tea or coffee.
Among the many things I did not try are a variety of different brownies. But they are among Oprah’s favorite things – so I’ll take her word for it.
If you are in New York, definitely give Baked a try. If you are not in New York, pick up a copy of their cookbook or try some of the products they sell online. You will not be disappointed.
On a scale of 1-5, I give Baked 5 Chica Stars
Do you want to hear about more delicious spots both in and outside NYC? Leave me a comment and I’ll make sure to add them to my list of places to visit and maybe they will get my Chica Seal of Approval.